One-Day Law School for Journalists™
Our One-Day Law School for Journalists™ is an intensive program designed to support journalists and others in the media who face the challenge of reporting on the court system without a law degree.
"I cannot emphasize how helpful this was, and how much it will inform my reporting. I am so grateful for these resources." - 2019 Pittsburgh Participant
2021 One-Day Law School for Journalists
Date: July 15, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Grand Jury Process
- Jennifer Buck | PA Senior Deputy Attorney General, Supervisor of Grand Jury Unit
- Eli Segal | Partner, Troutman Pepper Hamilton Sanders LLP
- Michael Schwartz | Partner, Troutman Pepper Hamilton Sanders LLP, Former Assistant U.S. Attorney
Right to Know Act & Transparency
- Nathan Byerly | Deputy Executive Director, Office of Open Records
- Michael Joyce | Partner, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP
- Melissa Melewsky | Media Law Counsel, Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association
Hot Topics Affecting the Press: From Subpoenas to SLAPPs
- Paula Knudsen Burke | Staff Attorney, Local Legal Initiative and Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Holly Lubart | Vice President, Government Affairs, Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association
- Max Mishkin | Associate, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Al-Amyn Sumar | Counsel, The New York Times
There is no cost to register for this program, but you must register in advance in order to receive the information needed to access the virtual program.
This program is sponsored by the Lenfest Foundation.