On October 24, 2023, Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts hosted a virtual forum with candidates for Pennsylvania's appellate courts, including the Supreme Court, Superior Court, and Commonwealth Court. This forum provides viewers with an opportunity to get to know the candidates before the general election on November 7, 2023. Registrants had the opportunity to submit questions for the candidates prior to the forum.
Click here to watch a recording of the forum.
Supreme Court Candidates
- Judge Carolyn Carluccio
- Judge Daniel McCaffery
Superior Court Candidates
- Maria Battista (unfortunately unable to attend)
- Jill Beck
- Judge Timika Lane
- Judge Harry Smail, Jr.
Commonwealth Court Candidates
- Megan Martin
- Judge Matt Wolf
This forum is a part of Every Voice, Every Vote, a collaborative project managed by The Lenfest Institute for Journalism. Lead support is provided by the William Penn Foundation with additional funding from The Lenfest Institute, Peter and Judy Leone, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Harriet and Larry Weiss, and the Wyncote Foundation, among others. To learn more about the project and view a full list of supporters, visit www.everyvoice-everyvote.org. Editorial content is created independently of the project’s donors.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Berks County Bar Association
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Committee of Seventy
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Gtown Radio
- League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania
- League of Women Voters of Pittsburgh
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- United Voices for Philadelphia