One-Day Law School for Journalists™ 2022
Our One-Day Law School for Journalists™ is an intensive program designed to support journalists and others in the media who face the challenge of reporting on the court system without a law degree.
Click here to watch the program recording.
Presentations & Speakers:
- A Conversation on the Federal Judicial Process | Hon. Mark A. Kearney (U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of PA) & Deborah Gross (Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts)
- Understanding & Covering Criminal Litigation 101 | David Sonenshein (Temple University Beasley School of Law)
- Understanding & Covering Civil Litigation 101 | Deborah Gross (Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts)
- Right to Know & Open Records | Paula Knudsen Burke (Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press) & Melissa Melewsky (PA NewsMedia Association)
- Access to Information & the Impact of Disinformation on the Public's Confidence in Our Courts | David Bodney (Ballard Spahr LLP) & Hon. Peter Swann (Arizona Court of Appeals)