CLE & CJE Course: The Current State of Pennsylvania Law on Judicial Recusal
Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts and Morgan Lewis invite you to a discussion on the timing and progression of motions for recusal through the trial court and on appeal, exploring the relevant sections of the Pennsylvania Code of Judicial Conduct and Pennsylvania case law.
In this one-hour discussion our panelists will discuss:
- How to ask a judge to recuse
- What a trial judge should consider when a motion is filed
- Applicable judicial codes of conduct
- Standards of appellate review of recusal issues and relevant appellate cases in Pennsylvania
- Appellate review of recusal issues
Judge Idee Fox, Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas
Judge Carolyn H. Nichols, Pennsylvania Superior Court
Ryan P. McCarthy, Partner, Morgan Lewis
The cost of this program is $99.
CJE and CLE credit in PA is currently pending approval
Participants can register here.