The Pennsylvania Senate confirmed five new judges by a unanimous vote according to an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer. The judges will fill vacancies in Allegheny and Philadelphia and York counties.
The new judges are:
· Bill Ward, Gov. Corbett’s former chief of staff nominated to the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas;
· Paul E. Cozza nominated to the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas;
· Former Judge Roger Gordon nominated to the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas;
· Kenneth Powell nominated to the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas; and
· Michael Flannelly nominated to the York County Court of Common Pleas.
2011 Judicial Elections: Democrat David Wecht won a seat on the Superior Court and Republican Anne Covey won a seat on the Commonwealth Court and all appellate judges standing for retention were retained. More information will be posted on our elections page.
PMC's charts on the current composition of the Supreme Court can be viewed here, and on the Superior and Commonwealth Courts, here.